Saturday, January 31, 2015

ALYOF - Goal Accomplished!

It's January 31st!  Where has January gone?

My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for January was to get the quilting on my "My Modern Voice" quilt finished.  Mission accomplished!  
I still need to trim it and bind it and of course put the sleeve on it so that I can have it ready for our local quilt show in March.  But I'm glad the quilting is done.  If you look really close, you can probably still see some marking lines that I haven't removed yet.
I used the serpentine stitch on my Brother sewing machine and basically made lots of straight lines.  I used tape and also Frixion pens to mark my lines and they came out pretty good.  They are not all the same distance apart.  I varied the distance to keep it interesting.
The quilt looks puckered in this picture but it isn't.  I think it just needed ironing.  Sorry for the crummy pics this time.

And here is the back of the quilt.  


Linking up with Shanna from Fiber of All Sorts.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty color combination and fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mixture of solids and prints in this quilt, and the colour choices. I've been seeing the serpentine stitch on lots of quilts lately. It's very effective. I'll have to see if I have it on my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! I love the colors, it's uniqueness & your quilting! Even the quilt police will be impressed! You have become one of my primary inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfect!! And congrats on finishing your goal!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on your quilt. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.