Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - January Goal

Last fall I started a quilt that I designed based on a quilt that inspired me in the book "Quilting Modern" by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen.  You can see the blog post and design here.

I don't remember when I finish the quilt top but it was sometime in October.  I've been quilting it with a serpentine stitch on my Brother machine.  But I've been doing it slowly as in only working on it in spurts.  I had hoped to get it finished in time to enter it in Quiltcon's juried show but didn't finish it in time.  I did enter 2 quilts in Quiltcon but they were both rejected as were all my friends quilts who entered.  I know that's been a big deal on instagram and facebook so I'm not going to talk about it here.  Quiltcon and the MQG is still growing and changing and I think it's going to take them some time to catch up with their audience.

So anyway, my goal for January's A Lovely Year of Finishes is to finish quilting this quilt which I'm going to call "My Modern Voice".  This is one of my many UFO's in my big ol' box.

Hopefully, I can also finish the binding in January but I'm not going to make that part of my goal because I don't want to jinx myself with too many goals :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking great. I hope it is ready for the Quilters Guild of East Texas show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine and TylerRose! I think it will be ready in time for the QGETX quilt show. It's sewing on the sleeve that takes the longest for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.