Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Brand New Year 2015

I have been missing from my blog since October.  How did that happen?  I left to go to the Houston International Quilt Festival and when I got back, I was too exhausted to post anything for a couple of weeks.  

Then November happened and then December.  And now we're here.  Should I do a recap of pics since October?  No, those are boring.

How about we just start fresh now with a blank slate and eager for a whole new year!
 
 
I will be participating, once again in A Lovely Year of Finishes ran by the lovely ladies at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bittersweet Designs.  
Let's be honest here.  Last year I did a miserable job at it.  I think I finished my goal only about 3 months out of all last year.  But this year I have bigger plans.  I plan to dig into my UFO box and finish some of that stuff.  Of course, I have a list of new projects I want to get started on too but I've got to do something with those UFO's.  Most of my ALYOF goals this year will revolve around those.

I do have a couple of pics to show you guys from Christmas.
This is my MIL wearing the infinity scarf I made her for Christmas.  It just happened to match her shirt that day.  This was my only handmade gift.
That is my son with the unwashed and uncombed hair.  You can't tell from this angle but he also had a weeks worth of whiskers.  Ah teenage boys.  

And this is a picture of what I got for Christmas.  I've wanted it for at least 2 years now.  It's taking me some time to get use to it but I'm so excited to have it.  


It came with so many feet!  And about 20 bobbins!  This last picture is with the Juki sitting on a table with my Janome DC2010.  See how much bigger it is.  It's like a giant next to my little Janome.

FYI:  We are currently in the process of building a new home and getting our current home ready to sell.  My husband has taken all my tables over to the storage room so I don't have a place to put my Juki.  But I'm planning my space in the new house with a great big area for my Juki.

I'll be back in the next couple of days with my ALYOF goal for January.  I have to look in my giant pile of UFO's and decide.  Also, I plan to do a detailed review of my new Juki in  a couple of months when I've had time to play with it. 

And one last thing, my Modern Quilting group that I started back in July of last year, now has a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tyler-Modern-Quilting-Group/761637307205061?sk=timeline
We have lots of photos posted from our meetings so you can see what we're doing and my dear friend Robyn is making us up a really cool logo.  Please like our page so that you can keep up with what our small but excited group will be up to.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new Juki! I sew on that very machine and LOVE it. Let me know if you have any questions - I'm no pro, but we could muddle through together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE the look of that new machine and must invite myself by to play as soon as you have it all figured out :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.