Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Cutting, Cutting, Cutting

Today is WIP Wednesday, and for the last 2 days I've been cutting my fabric for a project that the new members group is doing in our guild.  The group is called the Hive and they meet for lunch and to work on projects after our guild meetings.

This is a new project and it's a paper piecing project - YAY!  It's called Completely Dotty and you can find the pattern here.  Our guild meeting isn't until a week from Thursday but I wanted to make sure I was ready.   I normally don't like saving everything until the last minute.  Also, this week I made a list of the things I'd like to get done this week and I'm trying to stick to it.  Otherwise, I seem to just wonder around working on project after project and never finishing anything.
Our cutting task was to cut around 250 of each light and dark colored fabric.  So far I have 100 light colored and about 55 dark colored.  I'm not going to make the entire quilt.  I thought I'd try for a mini quilt with just four blocks.  At next weeks meeting, we pay for our pattern so we can get started on our blocks.
My fabrics are all random ones that I pulled and some are from my scrap bin.  So, no actual color pattern, just scrappy.

What is your work in progress this muggy, rainy Wednesday?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
 **Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story, Show and Tell at Fresh Squeezed Fabric.**

6 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you are pulling out of your stash, but you always have fun fabrics. Thanks for the reminder too! I need to see what I have on hand for this project. See ya there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better start cutting - you've only got 1 week :) I'm looking forward to it - I think it will be fun!

      Delete
  2. sounds like good fun. Your guild must be pretty big to have a separate group for new members!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,
      THanks for commenting on my blog!
      Our quild is 219 members which I think is too small for our area. I think we need to have a membership drive.
      The new members group has about 15 or so regular members.
      Tricia

      Delete
  3. <3<3<3 Love those fabrics! And my my that's a lot of cutting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog! It is a lot of cutting. Hopefully I can finish this weekend.
      Tricia

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.