Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April's Goal - A Phone Pouch for my Husband

I've met my goal for "A Lovely Year of Finishes" for April.  YAY!  It was down to the wire, let me tell you.
My husband has been wanting a new phone pouch for some time as the one I had made him before had gotten pretty ragged.
 


I'm actually in the process of writing a tutorial for this pouch but I wanted to go ahead and post my finish so that I could link up at Fiber of All Sorts for this month.


This pouch slips over your belt as you slide it through your belt loops.  So it doesn't clip onto anything.  There is no chance it's going to fall off and into the toilet, or out of your pocket, etc.  As long as your phone is in your pouch, you won't loose it.

Once, I finished this pouch my husband pointed out to me that the belt loop was too far down.  It needed to be as close to the top as possible.  So, (sigh) I took all the side stitches out and moved the belt loop up and resewed the sides.  Now it is perfect.  I'll have all the pictures and instructions with my tutorial.

And now for some spring pictures!
I love these flowers.  They are in my flower bed in my front yard.  We always called them phlox but I think they are actually oxalis.  Does anyone know?  They are an old flower, you can't find them at the plant nurseries.  

They like to spill out and spread.
And change colors.
 My husband mows them down and they come right back - the ones outside of the beds that is.

*Linking up with Fiber of all Sorts*


1 comment:

  1. YAY YOU! April completion success... I knew you could create a great phone wardrobe... hope he enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.