Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Updates on my QR and Starburst Quilts

I'm going to try to keep this post short. 
I've been remiss in posting the last week because one of my doctors has started me on aquatic therapy to try to gain back my strength and endurance and it is kicking my BUTT!  :)

I am slowly starting to have more energy - woo hoo!  And all my extra energy has been going into trying to get my quilts finished for the quilt show in March.

My QR code quilt is quilted and just needs a binding but I don't want to show any glorious pictures of it until it's finished.  But I couldn't stand it, so here:

 I chose my favorite Organic Wave quilting pattern and I think it turned out great. 

I have my Giant Starburst Quilt top finished and I'm working on piecing the back.  I'd like to get it quilted this weekend or if a magic fairy gives me a lot of energy - by Friday.  This quilt was my finishing goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for February and honestly, I don't think I have any chance in getting it completely finished by Friday.  I think I should have made my February goal less optomistic.  Guess is will be rolling over for March.  :(
But it looks great, yes?

And now in other news, introducing our Christmas cactus that is in full bloom.  (and Sparky the cat)

We have had this thing for about 5 years or more and the last time it bloomed was when I brought it home from the store.  It spent years 2, 3, and 4 looking almost dead.  Then last January, I put it in our bathroom and suddenly, it started growing and getting fuller.
Then this happened.
It still has more blooms on it that haven't popped open.  Who knew?
**Linking up to Fabric Tuesday and WIP Wednesday**


4 comments:

  1. I hope that magic fairy of yours waves her magic wand and enables you to finish your lovely quilt. It looks as if 'she' has waved her wand over the Christmas cactus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the starburst quilt!! I just finished a giant star quilt. LOVED the process :) Can't wait to see yours finished . . . maybe by friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't get finished by Friday but hopefully soon. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.