Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fabric Tuesday

The nice mail lady brought me some new fabric last week.  I got it all on sale from fabric.com.

 Some of the new hipster line from Riley Blake.  I Love this fabric.  I could only get 2 so I had to do the enny menny minney mo to choose.
 The text fabric is Michael Miller's Madrona Road and the other is Essex Linen.  I've been wanting to try this linen so I bought a bit to use on zipper pouches and such.  I also bought a few new fabrics from my local quilt shop last week (I think I was trying to make up for not buying any while I was on vacation) but I forgot to take a pic and now I've mixed it all in with my stash. 
 Here's a sneak peak at a quilt I've been working on for what seems like forever.  It's the "quilt that would not be finished!!".  I've started straight line quilting it in a grid but I'm only about 30% done.  I've had to put it on the back burner so that I could work on some new items for my Handmade Whimzy shop.  I've got lots of new eye pillows, Christmas stockings and aprons to list to get ready for Christmas shopping.  (well, the aprons are cut out but I'm sure the sewing fairy will come sew them up soon!)
**Linking up to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story**

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love those nice mail ladies, especially when they deliver packages of fabrics!! Happy stitching with those lovely fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great fabrics! I've been on alittle shopping frenzy myself ssssh.
    Visiting from Quilt Story and I am a new follower.
    jan@sewandsowfarm (summerbreeze)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric.com has the best sales! You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    Getting fabric in the mail is always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.