Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!  If you're into football anyway, which I'm not.  I actually don't like football at all.  Sshhh!  Don't tell anyone or they'll kick me out of Texas.

I've had a fairly productive day today.  How about you?
So far I've done a zillion loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen about 3 times, vacuumed and dust mopped most of the house and tried to take care of my sick 14 year old who has the flu.  He's trying to act all tough and not let me baby him because he says that's what men do.  Sniffle.  When did he stop cuddling with me and letting me baby him?

I've also gotten some sewing done.  In this post, I alluded to a project that I was working on that is really good.  It's going to be my first completed quilt.  I found the tutorial over at the blog Cluck Cluck Sew which is one of the awesome quilting blogs I follow.  She calls it her Strip and Flip quilt.  She says it's quick to put together and great for beginners. 

Well, she sews a lot faster than me so I don't know how quick it's been to put together.  But I'm through with the strip piecing and I've finished the pressing.  Here's a pic of the strips all laid out the way I wanted them.  Sort of in a rainbow pattern.
There are 30 strips.  Some are already sewn together in this pic.

I'm using a jelly roll from Moda and the Simply Color line by V and Co.  I LOVE this fabric.  I think it's so modern and cool.  This quilt is going to be used as a throw on my sofa so it will get a lot of use.  It won't just be for decoration.

I'm back to sewing.  Hope everyone enjoys the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.