Sunday, January 13, 2013

Block of the Month Clubs

What's new and exciting for 2013?  I've joined 2 block of the month clubs (BOM for short).

One is through a local quilt shop.  I got my first block on Saturday.  It was only $5 and all you have to do is complete the block and return it at next months meeting and you get your next block for free.  So, by the end of the year, you could have 12 completed blocks for $5.
Pretty sweet!
Here's my block fabrics - I picked the bright batiks:

The other club is over at Don't Call Me Betsy which is a really cool quilting/sewing blog.  These blocks will all be really cool star shapes and they are all paper pieced.  I took a class on paper piecing last year and I really love it.  It's easy once you get the hang of it and there's no exact cutting or measuring.  None of that pesky stuff that takes the fun out of quilting.
There's still room over at the Lucky Stars Paper Piecing BOM, so if you're interested, just click the link above. 
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Thank You for this awesome post. I totally agree that packaging is important and I believe it is important for return business specifically. When you get a pkg in the mail that is obviously had no care in its packaging ..I have "no care" to remember that seller. When I receive one that has obviously received such thoughtful care..I remember that seller, favorite them and plan to do return business with them.
    I'm hopping in from To Do List Tuesdays..new follower thru GFC!

    TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! I'm so happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.