Monday, December 31, 2012

It's the last day of 2012! and Christmas Placemats!

Today is the last day of 2012.  Can you believe it?  The years fly by so fast.

Snow day
We had snow on Christmas day - another unbelievable.
It started snowing around 4pm and snowed for several hours.  It had been in the 60's the day before but Texas weather changes at the drop of a hat.

Here's my son playing in the snow.
Placemats
Before Christmas I made some candy stripe placemats to match my new candy stripe table runner.  The placemats are reversible, though I only used the red and white striped side.  The red and white fabric came from the dissected table runner I mentioned in the previous post.  The other fabric is fabric from my stash.
Here is my mostly decorated table set for our Christmas meal.
 
 
 I got these cool square white plates at the Just a Dollar for $1 each.  Sweet!!

 Pics of the placemat backs.  Very festive!  Also, these could be used for several other holidays such as Valentine's Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day.  They are multiuse :)
 
 

I'm thinking about offering placemats in my etsy shop.  Maybe I'll start a whole kitchen theme since I already have aprons.

Have you been getting any crafting done during the holidays?  What have you been working on?

I hope everyone has a Happy New Years Eve and New Years Day!  Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.