Saturday, July 23, 2011

Star Cake

I originally posted about this cake HERE.  This is my July 4th cake that I mentioned previously which I couldn't get the pictures to load.  Well, here they are.




This is the same cake but I just wanted to show off my fondant work.  This was the first time that I had ever tried to use fondant and I thought it came out pretty good. 
The cake is covered in buttercream icing (LOTS of buttercream) and then my sweet son and I cut out tons of red and blue stars in the fondant and randomly placed them all over the cake.


I also sprinkled on some glittery sugar and patriotic stars.


This is a great white cake recipe - though it is time consuming to make.  It tastes DELICIOUS!

Thanks to my sweet Hubby for finally getting the pictures to work. :)

3 comments:

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.