Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring planting down on the farm

It's spring planting time down on the farm but since we don't live on a farm, we just plant in this little planter box that my DH built for us this year.  

We have been using an area in our backyard that was boxed off (and actually on the ground) but last year we didn't have any tomatoes because the moles/gophers either ate or killed the roots of all our plants.  So this year, we copied an above ground box that the local AG people had on display at the county fair back in the fall. 

We've planted bell peppers, grape tomatoes and lettuce.   I've got my fingers crossed for our tomatoes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.