Thursday, September 2, 2010

What I bought in Dallas

In my previous post, I mentioned my little family and I took a little trip to Dallas this past weekend.
One of the reasons we went was so that my boy and his dad could go to the Comicon convention in Richardson.  Well, I didn't want to go to that.  So I dropped them off and took myself off to a sweet little fabric store that I found by googling called CityCraft.

They describe themselves as a modern fabric store and sewing lounge.  That sounds like heaven.

It was a sweet little store.  They had lots of fabric from Michael Miller, Alexander Henry, Moda, Amy Butler, Robert Kaufman and more.  I usually order my fabrics online but it's so nice to be able to see it before you buy.  Of course, you pay more to see it than you do online.  But it still makes for a nice trip.

Here's what I bought.  Those will make some nice aprons, eh?


This is the apron that I'm working on right now.  I should have it done and maybe even listed by the time this post is up (I'm putting it on the timer!).

2 comments:

  1. Love your aprons! I'm your newest follower!
    Check out my blog too at www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE the cutlery fabric! I can't wait to see what you make with it. The apples are adorable, too. You are making me want to break my no-buying-fabric pledge. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.