Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So many blog posts, so little time!

I always have several blog posts in my head and it's usually just a matter of time - time to actually type them into the computer and post them.

This past weekend - after a whirlwind of a first week back to school - we treated ourselves to an overnight trip to Dallas. 

This was my project that I worked on during the trip there.  I wasn't driving.  LOL


Why did I have a box of embroidery thread that was all knotted up?  Where did I get all that messy thread?
Well, actually, some of it is over 20 years old.  I've had it since I was a teenager and was desparately trying to complete the stamped cross stitch kits that you can buy at Michaels, etc.  I hated doing those kits, so I never finished them.  That's how I ended up with a bunch of thread. 
Some of it I got at the Salvation Army sale.  A big sack of it for a quarter.
Some I actually purchased recently. 
You know how socks disappear in the dryer and no one knows where they go?  Well, embroidery thread ties itself into knots when it's left all alone in a box.  I'll bet you didn't know that :)

So I bought these little cardboard floss bobbins and set about winding the flosses onto the bobbins.


And here is the result.  I still have some new threads that I've recently bought and I plan to wind them to the bobbins once I start using them. 
Looks pretty neat now doesn't it?

Have you finished any messy cleanup projects lately?

One day left for the EtsyMom Team blog giveaway this week!  See post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.