Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Vacation Pics, I promise!

These are the last of the vacation pics that I'll bore you with, I promise. 

On our last full day of Washington, DC, we went to the Red Velvet Cupcakery.  I don't think they've been on Cupcake Wars yet but that show has been making me want cupcakes, so off we went.  First, I'll say the address I had written down for this shop (which I got off the internet) was 675 E. St NW.  It's not on E street.  That's an office building.  It actually faces 7th street - the nice lady at the office building was kind enough to tell us this after we banged on their locked door.

Anyhoo, I was ready to shell out $3 for a cupcake and be awed.
Eh, it was good.  But I'm pretty sure I could make some just as good.  That was also the reaction I got from my hubby and son.  Of course, my son shoved his in his mouth so quickly, I'm not sure he tasted it.  He got a red velvet with cream cheese buttercream and my DH got some kind of mocha flavored one.  I got a double chocolate with peanut butter buttercream icing.  It was yummy.  I'm going to try to make them.
Mine was the only one I got a pic of.


We also went to Ford's Theatre that day and to the Peterson House across the street where Lincoln died.  This is a pic of the room where he died.  The actual bed where he died is at a museum in Chicago but they've tried to recreate the room with historically accurate furniture, etc.


And last, but not least, here is a pic of us with our state representative, Louie Gohmert.  He gave us and about 20 other people from our area a tour of the Capitol building.  It started at 7pm and lasted until about 10pm-10:30pm or so.  Ben had completely wilted by then.  We all look pretty ragged. 
We appreciated the private tour though.  Mr. Gohmert is a history buff and really knew some interesting stories.  He would make a great history teacher.



Ok, I promise - no more vacation photos.  :)

Up next, a blog giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.