Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Back!!

I can't believe it has been over 2 weeks since I posted in my blog.  Guess where I've been??  Guess, guess??  Someplace fun and exciting?? NO!

I've been sick with some weird virus.  It's been a joy.  I haven't been this sick since I ....... well, actually I can't remember when the last time was that I was this sick.  Basically, I had a temp for 6 days straight and swollen neck glands - the left side of my neck looked like I had swallowed a ping pong ball.  So along with the fever, of course you get body aches, extreme exhaustion, hot flashes, almost constant sweating, nausea, and the list just goes on and on but I'm sure I've already told you more than you wanted to know.  I am so glad that it's over.  I hope no one else in my house gets it.  Apparently, it's going around our community - according to my doctor.  We're usually really healthy during the summer.  It's too hot here in Texas for germs to survive for very long.  LOL

On my last post, I mentioned that I was taking some time off to paint my sewing room and I did.  It took me from June 26th, right after my last post, until about July 1st to finish painting the room, all the trim in the room and the 2 doors in the room.  Then my DH and son helped me move everything back into the room and I went shopping for a few things for it like curtains.  But before I could get it all finished, I got sick on that Friday (July 2nd).  What an awesome 4th of July weekend that was!  We had plans to take a short out of town trip to see a Ranger's game and do some other fun stuff.  But instead I spent the next 6 days in bed. 

Finally today, I finished getting a few things up on the walls and was able to start sewing.  YAY!  I'm still not feeling 100% - I'm only at about 75% so I'm trying to take it easy.  I did manage to do about 30 minutes of very gently yoga stretches this morning which is great.  It's just incredible how fast your body freezes up when you're inactive.   So stay tuned for the pics of my beautiful new girl room.  The only room of my house that isn't overrun with testosterone.  :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear you are feeling a little better. and, your own room!!! i am drooling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.