Monday, May 3, 2010

Gift swap gift

I recently participated in the Etsy Texas Crafters April Color Green Gift swap. My partner was Jaclyn of the etsy shop Jaclyn43552. She sells charming hand knit and sewn items for baby.

Our task was to use the color green predominantly in our gift. After reading Jaclyn's profile and visiting her blog, I discovered that she likes to bake. So, of course, I had to make her an apron. Funny thing is, she made me one too!

Here is the cute green apron I got from Jaclyn.
It is a gardening apron but I think I will also use it at craft shows. It's perfect for holding money and pens, etc. She attached a key holder and put in 3 pockets. The fabric is very durable and washable so I should get lots of use out of it. Thanks Jaclyn!

Now, here is the apron I sent Jaclyn. It's a half apron similar to the full aprons I sell in Handmade Whimzy but without the bib. I hand embroideried the "J" onto the pocket. I also sent her 2 of my families favorite recipes - the Peanut Butter Bars that I've shared on this blog and also my Buttermilk Pie recipe (my son's favorite).
I think this half apron turned out really cute. Mayhaps, I'll start offering them in my shop.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.