Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vacation at the Beach

Last week, my family and I drove the 650 miles down to South Padre Island. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE to drive long distances in cars? Well, I do!
We've always been a Galveston beach family - mostly because it's about 8 hours closer than South Padre. It only takes about 4-5 hours to get to Galveston, we've been there many times and know it well. But I must say, South Padre was really alot different. The beaches really were alot cleaner and the water was so clear.

We loved the beach there but I don't know that we'll want to make the drive there again anytime soon.

My son got to practice his sand castle making skills. He and his dad built several and unfortunately, because of my son's penchant for wanting to build them as close to the water as possible, most of them didn't last very long.
However, on the last day, they managed to build a really great sand castle dubbed Fort Harvey. It was awesome.


I also took several pictures of an elephant sand scuplture that someone else did. I thought it was great. Very cute.


And now summer vacation is over and school starts back next week. My how the time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.