Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Gift Swap Gift to Deathlycute

As mentioned in a recent post, ETC just finished our 2nd quarter 1-1 gift swap. I've showed you the cute gift I received so now I'd like to show you the gift I sent. My Giftee was Michelle of DeathlyCute. She wrote in her profile that she loves Gone With the Wind and likes to decorate with purple.
So I made her this sweet pillow cover with a quote from Rhett Butler. I also wanted to give her husband "ideas" (wink, wink).

The white fabric is some that I picked up recently at the local Salvation Army Garage Sale - don't worry Michelle, I washed it first. The purple flowers were made from scraps and buttons. This was a great opportunity to practice my sewing and embroidery skills and I really enjoyed making it.

Michelle has received her pillow and says that she loves it! I'm so glad. This was a really fun swap!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That pillow is really cute. Gone with the Wind is one of my favorites too.
    Very very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the pillow, Tricia! And what inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.