Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday's Featured Etsy Artist!

My Weekly Featured Etsy artist for this week is Kristi from KitchenStitchen (http://kitchenstitchen.etsy.com).
When I came across Kristi’s shop, I knew I had to feature her because I immediately fell in love with her kitchen towels and potholders. She uses really beautiful, fun, and modern fabric. Kristi says "I am currently selling hand sewn potholders and embellished waffle weave towels. I plan to expand to other kitchen type linens. I'm currently working on making casserole carriers to add next. I also have a design concept in my head for placemats."

Kristi grew up with a mom and grandma who sewed and who taught her most of her sewing skills. She has been selling her bags on etsy since mid 2007 in her other store, SunnyKristi.
Here’s a little something about Kristi’s design process: "First, I try to make sure that I am creating a unique design in relation to other sellers with similar products. Then I make it my goal to produce the highest caliber product possible. I use basic designs and materials that I find most functional, durable and comfortable. I'm not out to just make beautiful products, I want to make highly functional beautiful products. I shop around for the best quality materials I can find and then the really enjoyable part is shopping for the designer fabrics. I try to stay within color schemes that I believe and my friends tell me are in real people's kitchens. Finally, I make test products and discover tools and techiniques needed to get exactly the look I want."
Kristi is from Grayslake, Illinois on the north side of Chicago. She enjoys sewing for her two children and also making paper crafts. You can follow Kristi and her creative life on her blog:
http://sunnypondhome.blogspot.com.

Thanks Kristi!! Your shop is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.