Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Clean Workroom

Well, during the Christmas break, I accidentally started cleaning up my workroom. I think I was just moving things around and then one thing lead to another and when I was finished, it was all clean. I even set up a "shipping center" in our game room where I also have my little tiny desk and printer.

Notice how I've never gotten around to painting the walls or putting up any kind of window treatments. The walls are still white. But look at my cool floor. It's just painted concrete but when we moved into the house 5 1/2 years ago, my son helped me paint it. He was 4 at the time. We stenciled "rocks" on the concrete and then painted flowers between the rocks. you can't see the flowers in the pictures but they're there. My son called them Truffala Trees (sp?) after the trees in The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.

The blanket on the floor is for our dog. He likes to watch me work. The artwork is courtesy of my son over the years.

So, there it is - my special work space. "Mom's room".

5 comments:

  1. Looks very neat and organized. I would love to see the close-up of the rock stencil w/the flowers. I have arwork from my children in my studio too...it really brightens my day when I look at their creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so neat and tidy. Someone suggested a few days ago that I should post pictures of my studio. So I took some. While editing I realized, "it is too messy to post pictures!" lol. Good job on getting yours picture worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love seeing pictures of people's creative spaces. They motivate me to clean mine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your workroom -- so spacious and tidy! I, too, would love to see a closeup of the floor... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, it looks very organized! and what great natural light you have. i love the idea of the stencilled floor. that must've been a fun project!
    my craft room/coccoon is much more cluttered. and i still have supplies strewn about the rest of the house. i could probably take over the whole house if hubs would let me! and if it wasn't so hot, i'd move my workroom into the garage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.