Monday, October 13, 2008

You've been BOO'D!

I've been thinking about Booing some of my neighbors this Halloween. I've heard and read about doing this and I think it's a really cool idea. We have two neighbors with little bitty kiddos and a retired couple across the street. I think I'll even include a big old doggy bone for the neighbors dog. He needs to be boo'd too, don't ya think?

Have you ever heard of the Boo game? It's where you make up a bag of treats and leave it on your neighbor's doorstep with a little picture of a ghost and a poem. The poem basically says that the person has been boo'd and that they should now boo someone else. However, I don't like the part about making the person feel like they have to boo someone else. I just want to leave treats for some of the neighbors. So I started looking on the internet and found several people who had the same idea as me.


Crazedparent.org has a post about Booing and there was a great poem left in the comments for people who don't want to make the recipient feel as though they have to continue the Booing.
Here's the poem:

The air is cool, the season fall,
soon Halloween will come to all
With Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore
trick-or-treaters at your door
The spooks are after things to do,

in fact, a spook brought this "Boo" to you
The treats that come with this short note
are yours to keep, enjoy them both!
You don't have to spread this cheer

but if you do,
do it to someone you hold dear

Here is how to make a Boo:
Place a goody bag beside the door

include this poem and one thing more
A special treat or something fun,
now your Boo is almost done
Don't sign your name, don't leave a clue

cause that's the magic of a Boo!
Happy Halloween!


This website - organizedchristmas.com has some really great Booing signs and more info about it.

So go out there and BOO someone. This would be a great way to raise the spirits of an elderly person in your neighborhood or anyone else that needs a little fall cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.