Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trying something new!

I have never been into making scrapbooks but I do love all the great scrapbooking papers and accessories that you can buy. During Christmas, I made some hang tags for my jewelry that was displayed at the Plantation Pines Christmas Tree Farm gift shop. That was fun and pretty easy, so when I needed some thank you cards for the mom's in my son's class who helped with parties all year, I thought I would try my hand at making them.

I already had white card stock so I wanted paper that would coordinate. I ended up getting a pink stripe paper that was full of summer colors and combined that with a pink floral with coordinating colors. I found a "thank you" stamp at Michaels in the $1 bin and used black ink to stamp my thank yous onto pink vellum. I cut the thank yous out with my crafty decorative scissors, glued them to the floral paper which was then glued to the striped paper then to the card stock. WHEW!

Then I decorated the cards with little colored metal flower brads. I'm sure there is a scrappy way of making the holes for the brads but I didn't know what it was. So I just used my ice pick. All in all though, I think they turned out nice, especially for my first time. I mailed them out today so we shall see. One of the mom's is a crafty scrapper so I'm sure she will have some pointers for me on how I can improve - and maybe even tell me the secret to making the brad holes so that I don't have to use the ice pick! LOL Here are my pics!



Not bad for a first try huh????

1 comment:

  1. Your Crafty Scrapper Friend says "WELL DONE"!!
    Really! I am very proud of you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.